One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large candle blessed and lit on Holy Saturday and placed by the altar until Pentecost.
- ‘A paschal candle can enrich your family's observance of the Easter season, by bringing the 'light of the world' into your home in a concrete way.’
- ‘Easter Sunday celebrations this weekend will start at 9.30 am with the lighting of new fire and a procession with the paschal candle, followed by a sung Eucharist.’
- ‘If we have not extinguished the paschal candle on Ascension, we may do so during the reading from Acts as the Holy Spirit roars through the assembly.’
- ‘Everyone looks forward to the helium balloon ‘cloud’ suspended high over the paschal candle.’
- ‘Here are the instructions for making the paschal candle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.