One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A north Indian dish consisting of sliced meat cooked in a sauce made with tomatoes, yogurt, cream, and spices.
- ‘Consumers of Waitrose chicken pasanda demand to know!’
- ‘Be the first to recommend a restaurant that serves the best Pasanda Palak Curry.’
- ‘As appealing, and even richer, was the lamb pasanda - braised lamb with homemade cheese, which seemed to have lots of cumin and coriander.’
- ‘The service is always excellent and I ate probably the best pasanda in the whole world there.’
- ‘Jo's lamb pasanda was, she said simply, "yum".’
- ‘For a roghan josh, just add onions and tomatoes to a bhoona base, for a pasanda, ground almonds and yogurt.’
- ‘The keerhay chicken pasanda was excellent, spring chicken cooked with onions, tomatoes, ginger yoghurt and garnished with mango slices.’
- ‘The more unusual items on the menu include quiches, assorted sushi, Tiranga paneer pasanda, and pastas with classic and innovative oriental sauces.’
- ‘Wigan council's environmental health commercial services manager, Tony Dickinson, said: "If you're thinking of turkey curry after Christmas, pass on the pasanda and choose a different flavour."’
Urdu pasandā, from Persian pasanda ‘pleasing’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.