One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dance for four people.
- ‘Brown belatedly brought up the rear when a pas de quatre was needed.’
- ‘Actually she was in top form last week and on other evenings her solos as the Fairy of Honour, the Enchanted princess and in the third act pas de quatre were first class.’
- ‘There is also an upbeat male pas de deux and an energetic male pas de quatre.’
- ‘Taylor had done a similar job on Martha Graham in the pas de quatre plus chair, set to ‘Some Jazz Blues,’ in Oh, You Kid!’
- ‘They rounded out the Russian part of the program, which also included the pas de quatre from Sleeping Beauty's Act III.’
French, literally ‘step of four’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.