Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A dance for four people.
- ‘They rounded out the Russian part of the program, which also included the pas de quatre from Sleeping Beauty's Act III.’
- ‘Taylor had done a similar job on Martha Graham in the pas de quatre plus chair, set to ‘Some Jazz Blues,’ in Oh, You Kid!’
- ‘There is also an upbeat male pas de deux and an energetic male pas de quatre.’
- ‘Actually she was in top form last week and on other evenings her solos as the Fairy of Honour, the Enchanted princess and in the third act pas de quatre were first class.’
- ‘Brown belatedly brought up the rear when a pas de quatre was needed.’
French, literally step of four.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.