One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A step in dancing, especially in classical ballet.
- ‘Transition steps, like a glissade or pas de bourrée, are often as important as pirouettes.’
- ‘He also fell over in the pas de six in Giselle when dancing in Australia - doing a very easy ton levé, he slipped and slid like a seal.’
- ‘However, in the pas for two men they were at times out of sync.’
- ‘She pointed her foot, and stood on her other as she raised her foot to perform a grand jeté, followed by a two pas de chats, and a triple pirouette.’
- ‘The basic structure was certainly ballet - almost every pas could be named within the ballet vocabulary, but the impulse was utter freedom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.