One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A step in dancing, especially in classical ballet.
- ‘The basic structure was certainly ballet - almost every pas could be named within the ballet vocabulary, but the impulse was utter freedom.’
- ‘Transition steps, like a glissade or pas de bourrée, are often as important as pirouettes.’
- ‘She pointed her foot, and stood on her other as she raised her foot to perform a grand jeté, followed by a two pas de chats, and a triple pirouette.’
- ‘However, in the pas for two men they were at times out of sync.’
- ‘He also fell over in the pas de six in Giselle when dancing in Australia - doing a very easy ton levé, he slipped and slid like a seal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.