One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sales strategy involving the demonstration of goods at parties in people's homes.
- ‘A spokesman for the company said: ‘When we look to open new stores we seek high profile areas or shopping centres and high streets where the party plan networks are very successful."’
- ‘The new company may go for a niche market - a specific market segment not catered for by other competitors, e.g. exclusive fashion sold on a party plan basis, not in boutiques.’
- ‘Despite these shortcomings, Clarke succeeds in persuading the reader that Wise and the party plan played a significant role in Tupperware's success.’
- ‘The party-plan consultants usually have other jobs and take on the position with Virgin cosmetics as a supplementary earner.’
- ‘The retailer of natural beauty products said in June that, while its party plan concept was growing strongly, worldwide sales were flat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.