One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So during the modern period, the particularisation of black people has been the constantly recurring invert of the universal character - real yet flawed - of capitalist society.’
- ‘She decries this particularization of whiteness and sees it as seeking to minimize the impact of the pernicious exclusions and discriminations that people of color encounter on a day-to-day basis.’
- ‘A closer examination reveals that it is more a particularisation of appropriate rules that have governed firearm use by police and the military in Britain, especially Northern Ireland, over many years.’
- ‘Such is the way with decayed corridors and vast, ever-expanding halls: a tangible indeterminacy transpires in which particularization erodes.’
- ‘Specific particularization is exemplified by the tendency of workers to fall into the categories of those required to engage in cognitive activity and those doing routine work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.