One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The construction is the same - a participial phrase introduces the story, the spin commences before the news arrives - but the similarities end there.’
- ‘I think there is a tension between the participial and noun forms worth exploring-for the terms determine how teachers and students alike encounter the phenomenon of writing.’
- ‘Likewise, the participial suffix ‘ado’ is often changed by Puerto Ricans.’
- ‘I mean that, fully apart from knowing what a participial phrase is and how it functions, they don't even know how to use one.’
- ‘I found myself piling on participial phrases to capture some of that.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.