One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Only in part; to a limited extent.‘the work partially fulfills the function of a historical memoir’as submodifier ‘a partially open door’
to a limited degree, to a limited extent, partly, to a certain degree, to a certain extent, to some degree, to some extent, in part, not totally, not wholly, not entirely, not fully, relatively, moderately, to a point, up to a point, half, somewhat, in some measure, comparatively, fractionally, slightly, incompletelyView synonyms
- ‘Just six of these have been addressed by the government, but only partially.’
- ‘This can result in partially blocked pipes, which can mean discoloured water and reduced flow.’
- ‘This model gave a clear picture of the forces acting on the partially destroyed spine.’
- ‘Problems occur when translating a visual layout for a partially or non-sighted person.’
- ‘Slightly spookily the gig was once again partially interrupted by a violent thunderstorm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.