One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An equation containing one or more partial derivatives.
- ‘In the 1815 paper, which Pfaff submitted to the Berlin Academy on 11 May, he presented a transformation of a first-order partial differential equation into a differential system.’
- ‘In 1904 he extended Whittaker's solution of the potential and wave equation by definite integrals to more general partial differential equations.’
- ‘He generalised Monge's idea of the characteristic of a partial differential equation from 2nd order equations to nth order equations.’
- ‘During the years 1892 to 1894 Volterra published papers on partial differential equations, particularly the equation of cylindrical waves.’
- ‘During this period he undertook research in several different areas of mathematics including algebraic equations, solving partial differential equations, and on negative numbers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.