One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some make their hosts parthenogenetic, rendering the need for sexual reproduction irrelevant.’
- ‘The first hypothesis assumes that triploidy is associated with the origin of parthenogenesis and that both diploid and tetraploid parthenogenetic forms are derived.’
- ‘It reportedly reproduces exclusively by parthenogenetic female gametes and fragmentation.’
- ‘In parthenogenetic populations, traits historically involved in sexual reproduction are no longer under selection and potentially subject to such reduction.’
- ‘Sexual reproduction in cyclically parthenogenetic rotifers results in the production of diapausing, fertilized eggs, which can survive for decades in sediment egg banks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.