Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[in combination] A broadcast or published work with a specified number of parts.‘the first in a six-parter’
- ‘It was six-parter, and that was it.’
- ‘Please see Alex's two parter on the subject here and here.’
- ‘Rose didn't die today as it's a two parter.’
- ‘They showed what I understood to be the second part of a three parter called Art and the 60s, and it was fascinating.’
- ‘I thought the 'Year in Hell' two parter was pretty good.’
- ‘This was a quicky two parter created to fill some studio time and make up the weeks which were left on some of the actors' contracts.’
- ‘Brilliant, and the recently finished two parter was as creepy as anything on TV and definitely king of the pile.’
- ‘So… It seems this is a two parter.’
- ‘This is a three parter.’
- ‘The two parter is already causing metal fatigue in anorak zippers across the Internet, and rumours abound.’
- ‘Mr BW watched the 4-parter the first time round and said it was excellent.’
- ‘I have just remembered the Diagnosis Murder 2-parter where Jesse goes to a log cabin and is ' abducted by aliens '.’
- ‘Apparently it's a six parter but how the first episode got made, never mind broadcast, is beyond sense.’
- ‘Next summer, HBO will air the 10-parter Band of Brothers, based on Stephen Ambrose's non-fiction bestseller about a World War II U.S. Army unit.’
- ‘I was reading your 3 parter from last week, and I kept reading that DVDs cost 3X the rental price to keep.’
- ‘But this loses Brownie points cos I can't see why it needed to be a two parter, AND found the ending a little disappointing.’
- ‘The record's epic two-parter, "The Creator Has a Master Plan," is a free-form odyssey of hypnotic Nubian empowerment and exhilaratingly cacophonous percussion.’
- ‘The Lost Prince is a two parter for the BBC, to be transmitted next year, and once more stars Gambon.’
- ‘All in all the story (a 6 parter on a single disc) rattles along at a fair old pace and is a very enjoyable slice of 1970's TV.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.