Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A program for parsing.
- ‘A computer equipped with an XML parser can make decisions about this information.’
- ‘This document describes an implementation using the SAX parser with the Xerces parser.’
- ‘As you've correctly stated, all parsers enforce XML syntax to ensure that they are well formed.’
- ‘The key features of such implementations must include an XML parser, XML writing support, and a very small footprint SOAP API.’
- ‘In the first step, a parser evaluates the search query and creates a data structure based on the words and the attributes in the search query and the scope of an index, if the search space includes an index.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.