One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A diagrammatic representation of the parsed structure of a sentence or string.
- ‘Given a grammar, a parsing strategy's required space is the maximum necessitated by an enumeration that the strategy designates for a parse tree of the grammar.’
- ‘Then using the Query page of the Linguist search engine the user could search for the following parse tree (plug your Penn Treebank notation memory module into your brain first).’
- ‘The code generator takes the parse tree and translates it into a mini-program, which is made up of a series of instructions expressed in the VDBE's virtual machine language.’
- ‘Each unit of memory is enough space for one node of a parse tree.’
- ‘The structured sentence understood like this is referred to as a parse tree, the root being the abstract sentence and the leaves being the words themselves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.