One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- less formal term for psittacosis
- ‘To prevent parrot fever, regularly rinse and refill your bird's water and food dishes and clean the cage daily.’
- ‘Also known as parrot fever, this bacterial illness can occur when people have contact with infected bird feces or with the dust that accumulates in birdcages.’
- ‘Several other pneumonias can mimic it, such as a close cousin TWAR, psittacosis (parrot fever), Q fever, adenovirus 3 and 4, influenza A or B, legionella and respiratory syncytial virus.’
- ‘One species, C. psittaci, causes psittacosis (so-called parrot fever), a respiratory infection transmitted from birds to people.’
- ‘Patients with parrot fever have pneumonia with severe headache and scanty sputum sometimes blood stained.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.