One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inlaid work of blocks of various woods arranged in a geometric pattern, especially for flooring or furniture.‘many-candled lustres reflected in the polished parquetry’as modifier ‘a pair of walnut and parquetry commodes’
inset, set, enchased, ornamented, decorated, studded, lined, panelled, tiledView synonyms
- ‘And I'd swear that it was in a brown parquetry veneer bowl.’
- ‘The floors, once covered with the finest parquetry, are unrecognisable, the blinds don't work, the light-bulbs drape from thin wires where lamps used to hang.’
- ‘Chris then pushed back his chair with a violent screech as it scraped the parquetry, and stood up to his full height.’
- ‘Ramps on both sides drop to parquetry floored galleries that provide increased height for the display of QUT's impressive collection.’
- ‘Stacey and Jaycob followed the pair onto the dance floor: a wooden parquetry.’
- ‘A low table - only calf-high - filled the center of the room; oak, it looked like, with parquetry designs inlaid in the surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.