One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Our patient had paroxysmal coughing as a result of bronchitis and sustained rib fractures that resulted in flail chest and rupture of the diaphragm, which required surgical intervention.’
- ‘The most common causes of this condition are benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, acute vestibular neuronitis or labyrinthitis, Meniere's disease, migraine, and anxiety disorders.’
- ‘Six of the 11 patients had coarse, bibasilar rales, and two reported orthopnea and paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnea.’
- ‘Despite a long history of use in the treatment of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation, the efficacy of cardiac glycosides has not been established.’
- ‘Despite compliance with his medications, he noticed progressive weakness, fluid retention, frequent attacks of paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnea, and an inability to perform minor tasks around the house.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.