One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Second Coming
- ‘She makes a rather large assumption that all of earliest Christianity would have been just as apocalyptic in its outlook as the Apostle Paul, and that it suffered mightily from a delay of the Parousia.’
- ‘Whatever the season of the Church Year, we, in fact, live in the time between Pentecost and the Parousia.’
- ‘According to the author's thesis, Mark understood these occurrences to be the apocalyptic sign triggering the events of the end-time described in the verses that lead up to the Parousia.’
- ‘By the way, the perception of a ‘delay’ of the Parousia is also a nineteenth-century German theological category.’
- ‘This side of the Parousia, we remain the best hope for mankind.’
Greek, literally ‘being present’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.