One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An extremely talented parodist of the dead socialist realism style, he seems to have brought its spirit back to life with his word play.’
- ‘We posted a large collection of editorial toons on our official site but since that time, America's parodists have been at it again.’
- ‘It is one thing, we have learned, to describe something as being ‘beyond parody’, but another, as would-be parodists, to experience the consequences of this phenomenon.’
- ‘It triggered a veritable tidal wave of imitators, parodists, and artists wishing to capitalize on its success.’
- ‘The parodist must both imitate and create incongruity in relation to the pretext, and parody has, contrary to pastiche, traditionally had a comic dimension.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.