One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And I dislike the parochiality of country living - the ‘no man is an island’-ness of it.’
- ‘Mr Gaisman's response to this was to refer to the parochiality of the right to contribution as between independent contractors and the fact that Saudi Aramco owe no allegiance to an Act of the United Kingdom Parliament.’
- ‘Alongside this parochiality we find a taste for the distant and exotic.’
- ‘Sawford recognises that the pressure to put Kettering first risks parochiality.’
- ‘Presenter Mairead McGuinness, an agricultural journalist, mixed it all up with that unique RTE brand of parochiality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.