One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small seating area or green space created as a public amenity on or alongside a pavement, especially in a former roadside parking space.‘the parklet features planters full of tall shrubs that shield visitors from traffic’
- ‘A meeting will take place at which the organization will explain the parklet project in detail to the local business group.’
- ‘Unlike most other green spaces, the parklet will not be financed with tax dollars.’
- ‘The parklet movement is taking over the country, slowly moving from its birthplace in San Francisco eastwards.’
- ‘Meanwhile, a community effort to create a new parklet outside the cafe is underway.’
- ‘The plazas are year-round, the parklets April to November.’
- ‘The city maintains there could eventually be up to 14 parklets approved.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.