One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area where cars or other vehicles may be left temporarily; a car park.
- ‘Mr. Gerald sat in his car in an empty parking lot across the street from the motel.’
- ‘If you go to the typical suburban garden apartment parking lot during the daytime, the lots will be substantially vacant.’
- ‘They suggest people should not leave valuable articles in their cars and should choose well-observed parking lots.’
- ‘It's easy to misplace your car in the parking lot.’
- ‘I sat in my office looking over some statistics, figures, and forms, staring out the window at the snow-covered parking lot, feeling a little bored.’
- ‘They arranged for the demolition contractor to reuse the old asphalt and limestone base from the former parking lot.’
- ‘Park cars in the correct spaces to keep your job at the parking lot.’
- ‘The fire broke out at the parking lot of the Changsha Railway Station.’
- ‘Pay and display meters are available beside the parking lots.’
- ‘It is now a defunct higher-end grocery store which was boycotted because the company cleared a popular stand of firs at the corner to build the parking lot.’
- ‘Reducing the need for driving would also reduce the need for parking lots.’
- ‘I pulled out of the deserted motel parking lot, and the second day of our adventure began.’
- ‘You are in the parking lot on the north side of the shopping mall.’
- ‘As I pulled into the mall parking lot, I noticed a couple of stores looked empty.’
- ‘I parked my Corolla in the student parking lot and then walked into the building.’
- ‘Originally planned to be set in a park-like environment, the building now sits in a parking lot.’
- ‘A long, high desert masonry wall was added in the 1950s to the area west of the shop to screen the parking lot.’
- ‘Today while I was at the post office, I happened to notice this car, this Mercury Topaz, in the parking lot.’
- ‘The airport says its parking lots are running near capacity, meaning travelers could have a difficult time finding a spot if they choose to drive.’
- ‘Sidewalk retail in Portland and other traditional cities accommodates pedestrians without massive parking lots out front.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.