One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(typically of an away team) play in a very defensive way.‘sometimes we do struggle at home against sides who park the bus’
- ‘I don't know what your standards are for football but all they did was counter and park the bus.’
- ‘Chelsea didn't exactly park the bus to pull off a 1-0 win at Manchester City.’
- ‘We have been able to win consistently against the mid and lower table teams if we park the bus, but we have not had the firepower in the last 13 months to win consistently any other way.’
- ‘Can Rodgers deliver a team that can keep the ball rather than parking the bus?’
- ‘Ross County parked the bus and got exactly what they deserved out of the game.’
- ‘It has been common for teams to "park the bus" against Spain in recent years.’
- ‘When teams come to park the bus it's always difficult.’
- ‘All that has to be done against Arsenal is to park the bus and counterattack.’
- ‘Jose didn't just park the bus when Chelsea took on hosts Atletico Madrid in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final, he parked the train, plane and every automobile he could lay his hands on.’
- ‘We need a more clinical striker who can score against teams that park the bus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.