Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A bit which acts as a check on a set of binary values, calculated in such a way that the number of 1s in the set plus the parity bit should always be even (or occasionally, should always be odd).
- ‘The logic circuit is described by a parity-check matrix for this code comprising 128 data bits, 16 check bits, and 2 address parity bits.’
- ‘A modern alternative to parity bits is ECC, short for Error Correction Code.’
- ‘To overcome this limitation, the driver simulates it by using the parity bit.’
- ‘The simplest device is a ‘parity bit,’ an extra bit that keeps track of whether the number of 1s in a binary number is odd or even.’
- ‘Integrity can be ensured through such software tools as checksums, parity bits, and cyclical redundancy codes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.