One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bit which acts as a check on a set of binary values, calculated in such a way that the number of 1s in the set plus the parity bit should always be even (or occasionally, should always be odd).
- ‘The logic circuit is described by a parity-check matrix for this code comprising 128 data bits, 16 check bits, and 2 address parity bits.’
- ‘A modern alternative to parity bits is ECC, short for Error Correction Code.’
- ‘Integrity can be ensured through such software tools as checksums, parity bits, and cyclical redundancy codes.’
- ‘The simplest device is a ‘parity bit,’ an extra bit that keeps track of whether the number of 1s in a binary number is odd or even.’
- ‘To overcome this limitation, the driver simulates it by using the parity bit.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.