One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The administrative body in a civil parish.
- ‘Concern was expressed by members of the parish council about sirens and traffic lights.’
- ‘He said the scheme was worthwhile and the county council still hoped to work with the parish council.’
- ‘Mr Lewis is also a member of the Rawcliffe parish council which opposed the use of the site for retail purposes.’
- ‘The forum was set up by the parish council to organise a wide range of activities for young people in the area.’
- ‘The parish council has been trying to raise the issue with the county for more than six months, said Mr Clark.’
- ‘The parish council has also asked the district council to give it more time to make a full response to the application.’
- ‘The clerk of the council is seeking advice on where the parish council stands.’
- ‘As trustees of the Institute, the parish council is considering selling it to fund a new centre.’
- ‘The parish council adopted the code of conduct in May and all members had to sign it no later than July 15.’
- ‘The parish council has done studies, every agency in government is doing studies.’
- ‘This is what democracy is about and it is the parish council's duty to ensure that this happens.’
- ‘Members of the parish council are asking dog owners to make sure that if their pets foul in public places that they bag it and bin it.’
- ‘The parish council will now write to Leeds City Council with their objections to the plans.’
- ‘It is time that the parish council told council tax payers what is going on - openly and frankly.’
- ‘If a parish council is supported, then Conservatives will no doubt lead the way in its establishment.’
- ‘We now learn that the vice-chairman of the parish council is also employed by Bradford Council.’
- ‘It is surely time that the people of Yeadon had their own parish council, just as Otley has its own town council.’
- ‘If you live in the parish and would like more information please contact the parish council.’
- ‘A spokesman for the parish council said repair costs had to be met by the council.’
- ‘The committee recently made a donation to the parish council towards a play park for the village.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.