One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An official performing various mainly administrative duties concerned with the Church or with a civil parish.
- ‘The parish clerk Johnny Sheehan expresses sincere thanks to all who contributed so generously to last weekend's clerk's collection.’
- ‘The collection gives everyone the opportunity to show suitable appreciation for the excellent work done by the parish clerk on our behalf.’
- ‘In the midst of major changes Ilkley Parish Council has been thrown into further turmoil by the resignation of the parish clerk.’
- ‘Our parish clerk thanks everyone who subscribed to the annual collection recently.’
- ‘Councillor Alan Jerome said that anyone who had flooding problems should contact the parish clerk, Pam Boulton, or the chairman.’
- ‘The facility will provide a resource for parish clerks, councillors and prospective candidates in the 2006 elections.’
- ‘It is an attack on the parish clerk and the council as a whole.’
- ‘If you have any ideas about this, drop a line to Julie Collins, the parish clerk.’
- ‘The annual New year's collection in aid of the parish clerk will be taken up at Masses this weekend.’
- ‘Coun Evans said it was also hoped to provide funding to enable parish clerks to be trained to use computer equipment.’
- ‘The council's accounts are still open to public inspection in accordance with national audit regulations, and members of the public can purchase copies of the documents from the parish clerk at Ilkley Town Hall.’
- ‘His opinion on traffic is shared by the parish clerk.’
- ‘Our parish clerk would like to thank everyone who subscribed to her annual collection in Croagh last weekend.’
- ‘The building would offer the council the facilities it needs in the long term, including a meeting room and office for the parish clerk as well as a storeroom.’
- ‘The parish clerk thanks all parishioners for their generous contributions to last Sunday's collection.’
- ‘The parish clerk's collection will be taken up this weekend at all Masses.’
- ‘There might also be the possibility of creating a community office for the parish clerk or the rector.’
- ‘Christine Dolan, the parish clerk, has already been awarded the franchise of the post office and the committee is currently interviewing people for the part-time post of shop manager.’
- ‘All information given to the Standards Committee on the code is sent to all the parish clerks for their councillors to receive, this has included Question and Answer material relating to the Code of Conduct.’
- ‘You can find records of 12 children of the same couple and because the parish clerks changed, the surnames got altered.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.