One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for pye-dog
- ‘She explained that Carolina Dogs are classified in a group known as pariah dogs.’
- ‘Thomas meshes musings on their deeds with recollections of time spent studying wild wolves on Baffin Island and the relationship between Kalahari Bushmen and hyenas, jackals, and their pariah dogs.’
- ‘But I'd recently been bitten by a pariah dog in Charing Cross, near my boarding school, and had to endure three weeks of agonising anti-rabies injections.’
- ‘To be in England is to be a castaway or to live a quarantined life like a pariah dog.’
- ‘It is closely related to the pariah dogs of India and presumably came from somewhere in that vicinity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.