One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Margaret B. Johnson from Alabama City, Alabama, patented a very interesting ear corn parer (no.935,517, on 28 September 1909, Figure 19).’
- ‘That's why John Alexander has gathered around him a group of cheese parers, to slice and dice everything Nine does to make it more profitable by cutting costs, lifting revenue and margins.’
- ‘I had just about had it with our current selection of parers.’
- ‘Accordingly, fine and decorative arts reside in the Luce Center next to apple parers and segments of the Atlantic Cable.’
- ‘Whatever varieties you use, an apple corer/ sectioner or one of those old-fashioned crank parers will speed up the process.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.