One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They were randomised to two postoperative isoenergetic and isoprotein nutritional regimens given enterally or parenterally; the results have just been reported.’
- ‘The drug may be given orally, parenterally (intramuscular, intravenous), or rectally in addition to epidurally and intrathecally.’
- ‘Anyone without achlorhydria secretes hydrogen ions from gastric mucosa whether fed orally, by a nasogastric tube, or parenterally.’
- ‘Three weeks of antibiotic therapy, with at least the first week of therapy being administered parenterally, is required in the treatment of children with orbital cellulitis.’
- ‘High dose systemic corticosteroids should be administered promptly by mouth if there is no concern regarding retention, and parenterally if the patient is obtunded or vomiting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.