One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Anyone without achlorhydria secretes hydrogen ions from gastric mucosa whether fed orally, by a nasogastric tube, or parenterally.’
- ‘Three weeks of antibiotic therapy, with at least the first week of therapy being administered parenterally, is required in the treatment of children with orbital cellulitis.’
- ‘The drug may be given orally, parenterally (intramuscular, intravenous), or rectally in addition to epidurally and intrathecally.’
- ‘High dose systemic corticosteroids should be administered promptly by mouth if there is no concern regarding retention, and parenterally if the patient is obtunded or vomiting.’
- ‘They were randomised to two postoperative isoenergetic and isoprotein nutritional regimens given enterally or parenterally; the results have just been reported.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.