One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated alongside, or on each side of, an axis, especially the central axis of the body.
- ‘Expression is maintained in dorsal paraxial regions where patterning is also intrinsic to the donor site of the graft.’
- ‘Myogenesis in the paraxial muscles (dorsal compartment) is dependent on contact with the neural tube and notochord, while limb and abdominal muscles (ventral compartment) are not.’
- ‘The signals determining their expression come from the adjacent paraxial mesoderm.’
- ‘Rather, their paraxial mesoderm had been transformed into neural epithelia.’
- ‘First was the relatively simple activation of motoneuron fates by sonic hedgehog from the notochord and floorplate and retinoic acid from the paraxial mesoderm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.