One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated next to a ventricle of the brain.
- ‘They focused on a tiny portion of the hypothalamus called the paraventricular nucleus.’
- ‘These researchers discovered a pea-sized region of the fetal sheep brain called the paraventricular nucleus, which actually serves as a biosensor designed to trigger the events leading to a birth.’
- ‘In the front part of the hypothalamus lie the supraoptic and paraventricular nuclei, which send axons down through the stalk of the pituitary gland and into its posterior lobe, called the ‘neurohypophysis’.’
- ‘In contrast, the teleost POA is considered to be the functional and topological equivalent to the paraventricular and supraoptic nuclei of the hypothalamus, which do not express POMC in mammals.’
- ‘Neurosecretory paraventricular nucleus neurons are inhibited by glucocorticoid-dependent and independent mechanisms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.