One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Indian cooking) a flat, thick piece of unleavened bread fried on a griddle.
- ‘The stuffed paratha - a fried bread stuffed with vegetables - was a delight, if slightly hard and a little too greasy.’
- ‘The list includes whole-wheat rotis, kulchas, garlic naan and stuffed parathas.’
- ‘Then there is the whole spectrum of tandoori breads, including silky roomali rotis, naans and parathas.’
- ‘This is great with a paratha (an Indian garlic bread) and slices of fresh tomato seasoned with salt and pepper.’
- ‘However, there is no need to feel let down, for our naan, roti, parathas and chappatis are a form of bread too.’
From Hindi parāṭhā.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.