One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Apparent attempted suicide without the actual intention of killing oneself.
- ‘Research shows that there is a strong association between socio-economic deprivation and parasuicide (unsuccessful suicide attempt).’
- ‘But in contrast to the way suicide is predominantly carried out by males, parasuicide is much more common among females.’
- ‘It will be of particular interest to doctors, counsellors, teachers, nurses, Gardaí, clergy, chaplains, and to anyone who has encountered suicide and parasuicide in their work.’
- ‘Attempted suicide, or parasuicide, is highest in Limerick city at 425 attempts per every 100,000 males.’
- ‘A total of 86 recommendations were made in this report relating to the provision of services, the prevention of suicide and parasuicide, intervention, aftercare, research and evaluation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.