Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated beside the sternum.
- ‘CT or MRI clearly demonstrate the sternalis muscle as a longitudinal structure with a parasternal course.’
- ‘The aortic root area was measured using the parasternal long-axis view.’
- ‘Three days later, the diaphragm and parasternal intercostals contained numerous inflammatory cells and necrotic muscle fibers.’
- ‘The aponeuroses and muscles connecting the fractured ribs to the non-fractured ribs probably play a major role in transmitting the inspiratory force of the contracting parasternal intercostals to the flail portion of the chest.’
- ‘Fluoroscopy showed the acupuncture needle, about 4 cm in length, to lie in the parasternal region of the left hemithorax.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.