One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disorder characterized by abnormal or unusual behaviour of the nervous system during sleep.‘he's being treated for parasomnia at a sleep disorder clinic’
- ‘Nocturnal head banging, sleep talking and nocturnal leg cramps are other rare forms of parasomnia.’
- ‘In some cases, parasomnia can cause people to commit crimes in their sleep.’
- ‘Almost 20-40 percent of all normal kids have parasomnia at least once in their lifetimes.’
- ‘Sleepwalking is a form of parasomnia, a class of sleep disorders characterized by partial wakefulness.’
- ‘Keep reading to learn about the three categories of parasomnia (rhythmic, paroxysmal, and static disorders) and find out how you can help your child.’
1930s: blend of para- and insomnia.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.