One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In doing so, it revealed its weakness, prompting other nations to pick, parasitically, at America's weakness for their own short-term gains.’
- ‘In the tracking shot, the viewer becomes a ghostly guest moving parasitically along with the all-knowing camera as the space of the filmic world is mapped.’
- ‘The Fine Art tradition today does not live symbiotically with design: it lives parasitically off of the communicative and vital language established by design.’
- ‘They aren't journalism - indeed to be quite frank we bloggers parasitically feed off traditional journalism don't we?’
- ‘Probably because the pose suggests that she's able to sit on her own, when in fact she is leaning parasitically on her Mama.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.