One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or activity of paragliding or parasailing.
- ‘Amanda has been parascending - hanging from a parachute and being towed hundreds of feet behind a speedboat.’
- ‘Paragliding is seen as safer, and is less of an unknown, as at some point a fair number of people have been parascending behind a boat, and the inevitable connection with parachutes is made, wrongly.’
- ‘Generally Harrison Beaumont put all undefined aerial sports in Group 5, along with PG, parascending, parachuting and worldwide offshore yacht sailing.’
- ‘There was waterskiing, jet boats, parascending, heli-rides, even chair lifts up the mountain for those who could not or did not wish to walk, plus friendly staff in the shops and restaurants.’
- ‘Or maybe try getting some friends to sponsor you to do something you always wanted to try, but have never before had a reason to, from bungee jumping to parascending.’
- ‘He maintained that The Glebe event was not about anti-limit campaigning but was a chance to showcase developing sports that can be carried out at slow speeds such as wake boarding and parascending.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.