One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or situated in a plane adjacent or parallel to the plane which divides the body into right and left halves.
- ‘The distal radial expansion therefore restricts movement of the carpus on the antebrachium largely to the parasagittal plane.’
- ‘The degree of atrophy is much more profound in the parasagittal cortex, and is particularly severe in the frontal region of this hemisphere.’
- ‘The ancestral dinosaur took this a step further by forcing its hindlimbs under the body with an interned femoral head, constraining hindlimb movement to the parasagittal plane.’
- ‘One patient, a 74-year-old woman with AD, had thrombosis of her superior sagittal sinus producing bilateral parasagittal regions of extensive hemorrhagic necrosis.’
- ‘This information then is superimposed on enlargements of parasagittal sections adapted from a standard human brain atlas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.