One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who expresses the meaning of something written or spoken using different words, especially to achieve greater clarity.‘Will is a skilful paraphraser’
- ‘It is not essential for us to establish whether or not Andronicus was the first paraphraser of Aristotle.’
- ‘The well-known Bible paraphraser was a straight-up heretic.’
- ‘Every allegedly great age is an age of translations, beginning with Geoffrey Chaucer, paraphraser of Virgil and Ovid, condenser of old stories he had found in Latin, French, and Italian.’
- ‘It's hard to tell if the tone is the original poster's, or that of the paraphraser.’
- ‘The first role is the “paraphraser,” who summarizes what was in the selection.’
- ‘Indeed, it would be nearly impossible for paraphrasers to avoid using any key terms from the source.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.