One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who expresses the meaning of something written or spoken using different words, especially to achieve greater clarity.‘Will is a skilful paraphraser’
- ‘The well-known Bible paraphraser was a straight-up heretic.’
- ‘It is not essential for us to establish whether or not Andronicus was the first paraphraser of Aristotle.’
- ‘It's hard to tell if the tone is the original poster's, or that of the paraphraser.’
- ‘Indeed, it would be nearly impossible for paraphrasers to avoid using any key terms from the source.’
- ‘Every allegedly great age is an age of translations, beginning with Geoffrey Chaucer, paraphraser of Virgil and Ovid, condenser of old stories he had found in Latin, French, and Italian.’
- ‘The first role is the “paraphraser,” who summarizes what was in the selection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.