One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The tablets we did receive are multisemic, they are impossible ever to put into propositional language, or into anything even paraphrasable.’
- ‘The story isn't really a parable of anything, in the sense that one can draw a straight line from symbol to paraphrasable meaning.’
- ‘Indeed, these might be the same example underneath - I do not take a stand here on the question of which propositional attitudes are reducible to (or paraphrasable in terms of) others.’
- ‘The truth of an artist, and his art, usually lies between, rather than in, paraphrasable explanations.’
- ‘They teetered into the ridiculous: Williams sought to deny a paraphrasable content where he could detect nothing risqué, but was on the alert for meaning if the poetry looked naughty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.