Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A condition characterized by abnormal sexual desires, typically involving extreme or dangerous activities.
- ‘According to science, there is no perfect profile that sticks to this stigmatic paraphilia - the job descriptions, sexual orientations, age and race of these people are random.’
- ‘Pedophilia is the most commonly occurring form of paraphilia with an estimated 20% of American children having been sexually molested.’
- ‘I guess I'm kind of a cat racist, though these comments are more on the level of sexual paraphilia.’
- ‘Although the diagnosis of preferential rape paraphilia appears in the psychological records in 1991 while he was incarcerated, he was not treated for this condition.’
- ‘A paraphilia is a condition in which a person's sexual arousal and gratification depend on fantasizing about and engaging in sexual behavior that is atypical and extreme.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.