One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition characterized by abnormal sexual desires, typically involving extreme or dangerous activities.
- ‘Although the diagnosis of preferential rape paraphilia appears in the psychological records in 1991 while he was incarcerated, he was not treated for this condition.’
- ‘A paraphilia is a condition in which a person's sexual arousal and gratification depend on fantasizing about and engaging in sexual behavior that is atypical and extreme.’
- ‘According to science, there is no perfect profile that sticks to this stigmatic paraphilia - the job descriptions, sexual orientations, age and race of these people are random.’
- ‘Pedophilia is the most commonly occurring form of paraphilia with an estimated 20% of American children having been sexually molested.’
- ‘I guess I'm kind of a cat racist, though these comments are more on the level of sexual paraphilia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.