One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Partial paralysis of the lower limbs.
immobility, powerlessness, lack of sensation, numbness, deadness, incapacity, debilitationView synonyms
- ‘These patients with lower spinal cord involvement often present with myelopathies, cauda equina syndrome, paraparesis, or bladder dysfunction.’
- ‘During her second evening in hospital, nurses became concerned about her deteriorating mobility, and I found that she had developed a flaccid paraparesis suggestive of cauda equina compression.’
- ‘In a prospective study designed to more accurately define the incidence of CSM, 23.6 percent of 585 patients with tetraparesis or paraparesis admitted to a United Kingdom regional neuroscience center had CSM.’
- ‘At the age of 95 and still in possession of his mental capacities he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and metastases in the lumbar spine causing a spastic paraparesis.’
- ‘The neurologic examination will often reveal monoparesis or paraparesis, a sensory level and sphincter disturbances.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.