Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting events or phenomena such as telekinesis or clairvoyance that are beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding.‘a mystic who can prove he has paranormal powers’‘an investigator of the paranormal’
- ‘Superstition, witchcraft and the paranormal have always been deeply rooted in Indonesian culture.’
- ‘They hope a battery of digital cameras and camcorders will capture evidence of the paranormal.’
- ‘Their goal is not to authenticate or necessarily even endorse these paranormal accounts.’
- ‘I suppose it is also theoretically possible that her experiences are paranormal.’
- ‘How can you disprove the existence of the paranormal any more than you can prove it?’
- ‘Six pub staff members joined paranormal experts for the seance, held on overnight on Saturday.’
- ‘Magical and paranormal phenomena as portrayed on the Athenian stage in the fifth century BC.’
- ‘The investigators will use special sensors and recording equipment to try and trap evidence of paranormal activity.’
- ‘Our organization is dedicated to the search for the truth about paranormal phenomena.’
- ‘Doctors aren't meant to trust in the paranormal, their work being governed by their physical examinations of patients.’
- ‘He also told him that he was not the first person to have had a paranormal event happen to them in this building.’
- ‘Since Luke's brush with the paranormal several guests claim to have seen the ghostly girl.’
- ‘All believed and claimed to have experienced varying degrees of paranormal manifestation.’
- ‘But a recognition of the significance of paranormal phenomena requires an acceptance of testimony.’
- ‘There is a great deal of information in the ancient Vedic texts on paranormal phenomena.’
- ‘You can go the Uri Geller route and claim that it's not conjuring at all, just good old fashioned paranormal power.’
- ‘And whether or not paranormal powers exist, it's certain that hoaxers like Uri Geller flourish.’
- ‘I told him to wake up and write this information down as scientific proof of a paranormal event.’
- ‘Some events are perceived as paranormal due to ignorance or magical thinking.’
- ‘The couple contacted Woolwich psychic and paranormal investigator Gary Stock to find out if the house was haunted.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.