Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Describe or represent in terms of a parameter or parameters.‘the nuclear charge distribution can be parameterized directly using a suitable mathematical form’
- ‘The models differ from previous approaches in that they are parameterized directly in terms of selection coefficients.’
- ‘Although we could have parameterized anions based on solvation data alone, the effort here is to isolate the role of size and to maintain as straightforward an analysis as possible.’
- ‘The intra-molecular potential was parameterized to simulate a rigid structure with surface hydroxyl groups that are free to rotate in an AMBER-style torsional potential.’
- ‘The method was parameterized with the aim of retrieving the native structure of bacteriorhodopsin among near- and far-from-native templates.’
- ‘These details may reflect imperfections of the force field, which is not parameterized to account for ligand to metal charge transfer and polarization effects.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.