One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to services and professions which supplement and support medical work but do not require a fully qualified doctor (such as nursing, radiography, emergency first aid, physiotherapy, and dietetics).
- ‘Education of patients and the public is crucial to ensure that patients whose symptoms may be due to acute myocardial infarction seek medical attention and that paramedical services are able to attend soon after the onset of pain.’
- ‘The federation alleged that all the medical colleges of the state lack proper casualty and emergency services such as essential equipment, medicines, ambulance services and shortage of medical, paramedical and nursing staff.’
- ‘The government should tale steps to create a unit with ambulances and well-trained paramedical staff to save lives.’
- ‘The success of this mission lies in effective and continued training provided to paramedical staff and doctors with inputs from surgeons and physicians to devise such programmes.’
- ‘In addition, it trains paramedical workers in occupational therapy, speech therapy and physiotherapy to broaden its outreach.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.