A person trained to give emergency medical care to people who are seriously ill with the aim of stabilizing them before they are taken to hospital.‘the government hope to have a paramedic on every emergency ambulance’as modifier ‘a paramedic team was on its way’
- ‘He was also taken by paramedics to the Friarage and was suffering from knee, ankle and facial injuries.’
- ‘A team of 10 firefighters and four paramedics cleared away rubble to reach the two men.’
- ‘The man was later carried out by police and paramedics, put on a stretcher and taken by ambulance to hospital.’
- ‘The hotel was sealed off as a team of paramedics treated one of the injured workers.’
- ‘An ambulance operator gave advice over the phone as paramedics went to the scene.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.