One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A connector for a device that sends or receives several bits of data simultaneously by using more than one wire.
- ‘The laptop, however, doesn't have Ethernet, so it connects to my central Linux system using a cable between the parallel ports.’
- ‘On the back of the AOpen XC cube we find two ps2 connectors, a serial- and parallel port connector and a vga-out.’
- ‘The parallel port has eight data lines and four control lines which can be used for output.’
- ‘Each system includes a 32-bit microprocessor core, a 10/100 Ethernet media interface controller, serial and parallel ports, and several other hardware components.’
- ‘USB printers are all the rage nowadays, but some people might still want to print using their parallel port.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.