One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Goods imported by unlicensed distributors for sale at less than the manufacturer's official retail price.
- ‘Artists benefit from parallel imports - they receive sales royalties whether or not the CD is manufactured locally or is manufactured in say Mexico, and is imported into Australia.’
- ‘Territorial protection in distribution agreements is not permitted where parallel imports are excluded.’
- ‘If Microsoft worked off one global price list parallel imports would disappear overnight… But global pricing is not in Microsoft's interests.’
- ‘Within a month, he shifted his stance, endorsing the use of compulsory licensing and parallel imports of drugs to South Africa.’
- ‘Also, allowing parallel imports of pharmaceuticals could be considered an effective tool forcing IPR right-holders to sell their protected pharmaceuticals at reasonable and affordable prices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.