One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Goods imported by unlicensed distributors for sale at less than the manufacturer's official retail price.
- ‘Artists benefit from parallel imports - they receive sales royalties whether or not the CD is manufactured locally or is manufactured in say Mexico, and is imported into Australia.’
- ‘Territorial protection in distribution agreements is not permitted where parallel imports are excluded.’
- ‘Also, allowing parallel imports of pharmaceuticals could be considered an effective tool forcing IPR right-holders to sell their protected pharmaceuticals at reasonable and affordable prices.’
- ‘Within a month, he shifted his stance, endorsing the use of compulsory licensing and parallel imports of drugs to South Africa.’
- ‘If Microsoft worked off one global price list parallel imports would disappear overnight… But global pricing is not in Microsoft's interests.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.