One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pair of parallel rails on posts used in gymnastics.‘a gymnast on parallel bars’
- ‘Her routine on the parallel bars includes combinations that are unique.’
- ‘Check out the male and female weight lifters and body builders at Muscle Beach with it's free weights, rings, parallel bars, balance bar, and other gymnastics apparatus.’
- ‘The muscular development of Olympic gymnasts, who work on rings and parallel bars, proves how effective a dipping movement is for triceps.’
- ‘Women's gymnastic events include balance beam, uneven parallel bars, combined exercises, floor exercises, vaulting, and rhythmic sportive gymnastics.’
- ‘Decked out with fast tracks and tumble tracks, a fully sprung floor area, full beams, asymmetric and parallel bars, rings and a vaulting table, there is all the equipment for every discipline.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.