Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A pair of parallel rails on posts used in gymnastics.‘a gymnast on parallel bars’
- ‘Check out the male and female weight lifters and body builders at Muscle Beach with it's free weights, rings, parallel bars, balance bar, and other gymnastics apparatus.’
- ‘Her routine on the parallel bars includes combinations that are unique.’
- ‘Decked out with fast tracks and tumble tracks, a fully sprung floor area, full beams, asymmetric and parallel bars, rings and a vaulting table, there is all the equipment for every discipline.’
- ‘The muscular development of Olympic gymnasts, who work on rings and parallel bars, proves how effective a dipping movement is for triceps.’
- ‘Women's gymnastic events include balance beam, uneven parallel bars, combined exercises, floor exercises, vaulting, and rhythmic sportive gymnastics.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.