One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Paraguay or its people.‘the great Paraguayan novelist’
- ‘We want to be legally recognized as Afro-Paraguayan, because we are really African and we are really Paraguayan.’
- ‘The company has been a pioneer in the Paraguayan solar market.’
- ‘He prayed for "wisdom, prudence and justice to fulfill my duty to serve the noble Paraguayan people."’
- ‘The Paraguayan team played a perfect match during the first leg in front of a terrific stadium atmosphere.’
- ‘Dumplings are often used in soup dishes in South America, and Bori-Bori is a Paraguayan dumpling soup.’
A native or inhabitant of Paraguay.‘the film had a cast mainly of Paraguayans’
- ‘The Paraguayans won the first leg 1-0 on Thursday.’
- ‘The Paraguayan scored an impressive 23 goals in 57 appearances for the Lancashire side.’
- ‘Nearly 90% of all Paraguayans speak both Spanish and indigenous Guarani.’
- ‘I'll need help from all the Paraguayans to govern in the next five years.’
- ‘Paraguayan food is similar to that of Argentina and Uruguay, although Paraguayans eat less meat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.