One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Paraguay or its people.‘the great Paraguayan novelist’
- ‘Dumplings are often used in soup dishes in South America, and Bori-Bori is a Paraguayan dumpling soup.’
- ‘We want to be legally recognized as Afro-Paraguayan, because we are really African and we are really Paraguayan.’
- ‘He prayed for "wisdom, prudence and justice to fulfill my duty to serve the noble Paraguayan people."’
- ‘The Paraguayan team played a perfect match during the first leg in front of a terrific stadium atmosphere.’
- ‘The company has been a pioneer in the Paraguayan solar market.’
A native or inhabitant of Paraguay.‘the film had a cast mainly of Paraguayans’
- ‘Nearly 90% of all Paraguayans speak both Spanish and indigenous Guarani.’
- ‘I'll need help from all the Paraguayans to govern in the next five years.’
- ‘The Paraguayan scored an impressive 23 goals in 57 appearances for the Lancashire side.’
- ‘Paraguayan food is similar to that of Argentina and Uruguay, although Paraguayans eat less meat.’
- ‘The Paraguayans won the first leg 1-0 on Thursday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.