Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A symbol (usually ¶) used in printed text to mark a new paragraph or as a reference mark.
- ‘I used paragraph marks because your built-in preview concatenated my paragraphs into one.’
- ‘At the beginning of each paragraph in an APA full-text article, a small gray paragraph symbol appears.’
- ‘One common task is removing extra paragraph marks in the document. The macro in this tip makes short work of removing all the extra paragraph marks.’
- ‘The rather long captions of a photographic feature are broken into ‘paragraphs’ indicated, not by indentation or by a line of white space, but by a red paragraph symbol.’’
- ‘It is a good idea to display paragraph marks as you work so that you don't accidentally lose a paragraph's formatting properties.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.